Join the DCBID
Interested in being a part of the largest business improvement district in Downtown LA? All current job openings at the DCBID are posted here.
POSITION TITLE: Program & Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing
DEPARTMENT(S): Marketing & Economic Development
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Bree von Faith at email@example.com
The Downtown Center Business Improvement District (DCBID), a 501(c)(6) organization with 12 employees and a $7 million budget, provides clean, safe, marketing, and economic development services to the central business district of Downtown Los Angeles. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this position will manage key programs that further the mission of the DCBID. This role will primarily serve as a conduit between the economic development and marketing teams by leading marketing and communications efforts that target business stakeholders and promote DCBID initiatives, reports, and research.
- Manage planning and execution of key promotions or outreach initiatives such as passport trails, street pole banners, Downtown gift card program, and Local Business Alliance.
- Assist with planning and production of Economic Development stakeholder meetings, symposiums, and tours, including drafting and scheduling email invitations, follow-up phone and email communications, coordinating site and vendor logistics, and day of event set-up, execution, and staffing.
- Manage Economic Development expenditures: review, approve, code and track expenditures against program and department budgets, providing variance explanations; reconcile department credit card expense statements.
- Manage Contact Relationship Management (CRM) system, not only by maintaining and updating businesses and contacts, but by developing and implementing initiatives to expand contact database and its strategic utilization for marketing and outreach efforts.
Marketing and Communications
- Manage the promotion of economic development reports, research, events, and tours through paid advertising, event sponsorships, social media, video, and other mediums as needed.
- Produce monthly economic development email newsletter including writing content and collaborating with team members.
- Manage social media messaging for our business audiences including overseeing LinkedIn.
- Write, review, and edit written materials, collateral, and correspondence before public release to ensure quality and professionalism including, but not limited to, press releases, blog posts, advertisements, and e-blasts.
- Track news and information about Downtown Los Angeles to be leveraged in monthly email newsletter, outreach, and communications. Disseminate regularly to internal staff.
Employee may or may not be required to perform all functions listed above. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Marketing or similar fields preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, commercial real estate, place management, non-profit management, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience with Business Improvement Districts or similar organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of DTLA business and real estate market, or experience living or working in DTLA a plus.
- Previous experience creating marketing and communications assets which may include email newsletters, social media posts, articles and blogs, and press releases.
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule (before or after normal business hours or on a weekend).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Excellent internal and external interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and foster collaborative partnerships in the public and private sectors
- Contract management experience
- Project management experience
- Strong administrative, organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, databases; above average ability to utilize MS Office Suite programs
- Reliable, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Friendly, composed, confident, creative
- Supportive office team member
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
DCBID offers a competitive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The DCBID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further information about the DCBID, please visit our websites at www.downtownla.com.
WORKING CONDITIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Office environment; a desk with prolonged sitting, telephone handling; conversing with others
- Field work: extended walking, interacting with public and business owners; lifting objects up to 25 lbs
- Driving: Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle in the State of CA
- Working independently, or with a partner, subordinate, or as a team member
- Use of computer, telephone, printer, copiers, cameras, GPS technology, other office machines
- Use of other equipment and perform other duties and assignments as assigned/directed
This position outline is a general guide to the responsibilities of the Program Manager. This document does notcreate an employment contract and/or agreement, implied or otherwise. This position is a salaried, exempt, AT-WILL position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to modification from time to time, with or without prior notice. In order to perform the necessary duties and responsibilities of this position, the selected person must possess the skills, aptitude and abilities to perform all of the listed duties and responsibilities proficiently.