Skip to Main Content
Jewelry District

The Barlow + Bixby Building

718 S Hill was built in 1913 by Walter Jarvis Barlow and Architect B.B. Bixby. It become home to the LA furniture company, and then in 1938 became Sanford’s Cafeteria and juice bar until the 1960s when urban sprawl, urban flight, a rise in crime and the demise of the manufacturing industries in downtown caused the building and the area to become derelict.  After a full restoration was completed in 2022, the property has come full circle and has been restored to its full glory.

visit website

Building Information

Status: Completed (Post-99)

Gross Sq Ft: 52,500

Number of Stories: 7

Date Opened: 1913 / 2022

LEED Certification: Not Certified

Architect: M-Rad


Retail Sq Ft: 7000


Office Sq Ft: 45000

Office Class: C

The Barlow + Bixby Building
718 S Hill St
Los Angeles, CA 90014